Affiliate events are small meetings or functions which universities, government agencies, tax-exempt/non-profit and corporate/industry groups may offer attendees over the course of the World Transplant Congress. They will include no more than 85 WTC attendees and are not planned or sponsored by the WTC. There is a non-refundable administrative fee for each submitted application*.
* The administrative fee will be waived for tax-exempt/non-profit and college/university sponsored events.
Description of Affiliate Events
Affiliate events are limited to no more than 85 WTC attendees and include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Advisory Board Meetings
• Committee Meetings: Small meetings not sponsored by industry, held by committees, task forces, boards of universities or other non-profit organizations.
• Hospitality Suites: For the sole purpose of providing attendees with business applications, which could include one-on-one meetings, telephone services, fax machines, etc. They may not include education or social activity.
• Investigator Meetings: Sponsored and financially supported by a pharmaceutical/biotech organization, academic center, non-profit organization or consortium.
• Social Events: Receptions, dinners, etc, where there is no educational programming.
• Staff Meetings: Meetings of exhibitor staff only. Staff meetings may not include scientific session attendees
• University Alumni Events: Social events organized, sponsored, and financially supported by a university.
Events that include continuing medical education (CME) are regarded as educational and must be approved according to satellite symposia guidelines. Affiliate events and/or satellite symposia will not interfere or compete with the official education programs of the WTC.
To Reserve Space
Any company submitting an application to hold an affiliate event must be an exhibitor at the WTC, with the exception of universities and tax exempt/ non-profit organizations. The WTC will not approve any application for an affiliate supported by industry without an approved exhibit application. Approval will be based on the regulations outlined. Affiliate events may not be held during the restricted times listed below. All restricted times are reserved for the WTC scientific program. Click here to download the application. Email or fax your affiliate event application to Caitlin Dougherty at email@example.com or fax 856-439-0525.
Affiliate Event Approved Times
|Saturday, July 26||8:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Sunday, July 27||8:00 am - 4:30 pm; 8:00 pm and beyond|
|Monday, July 28||6:00 - 7:00 am; 12:00 - 1:15 pm; 6:30 - 11:00 pm|
|Tuesday, July 29||6:00 - 7:00 am; 12:00 - 1:15 pm; 6:30 - 11:00 pm|
|Wednesday, July 30||6:00 - 7:00 am; 12:00 - 1:15 pm; 6:30 - 11:00 pm|
Please Note: Time restrictions do not apply to the following types of events, as specifically defined above:
• Committee Meetings Not Sponsored by Industry
• Staff Meetings
• Hospitality Suites
• Applications submitted on or before April 1 will be charged a nonrefundable administrative fee of $100.00 for each approved application. This fee must be paid via credit card to confirm your event. Room assignments will not be made until this fee is paid in full. This fee is non-refundable even in the event of cancellation.
• Applications submitted after April 1 will be charged a non-refundable administrative fee of $200.00 for each approved application. This fee must be paid via credit card to confirm your event. Room assignments will not be made until this fee is paid in full. This fee is non-refundable even in the event of cancellation.
• Any requests for a 24-hour room hold will be charged at a rate of $500.00 per room per day based on availability. 24-hour holds are not subject to an administrative fee.
• Available space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first serve basis. Preferred space assignment will be given to exhibitors at the WTC.
Transportation Procedure for Outside Events
The WTC controls all available boarding space at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, InterContinental San Francisco and/or the Moscone West Convention Center. Organizations providing transportation to or from the Convention Center and the headquarter hotels must contact the WTC Exhibit Manager, Robin Geary, at 856-793-0804 no later than June 2, 2014 to secure bus boarding approval and location. Only approved events as outlined in this Prospectus may use the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, InterContinental San Francisco and/or the Moscone West Convention Center for busing to outside events.
All affiliate/exhibitor events must be held in compliance with all guidelines and codes regarding the relationship between pharmaceutical and medical device/equipment industry and healthcare professionals. Anyone involved in an affiliate/exhibitor event agrees to observe WTC rules and regulations. All exhibitors are responsible for ensuring that their company representatives and/or agents adhere to all rules and regulations outlined herein and throughout the Exhibit Prospectus. Any violations will jeopardize future exhibiting status. If an affiliate/exhibitor event is found to have violated WTC rules and regulations, the sponsoring organization, the supporting organization and the organizer of the event will be prohibited from holding an affiliate/exhibitor event the following year.
WTC reserves the right to adjust the requirements for affiliate events at its discretion at any time.